How to Become a Beauty VloggerSep 13, 2021
If you are in the beauty industry business, you probably considered becoming a beauty vlogger. Vlogging (or video blogging) became a powerful tool, especially in the beauty industry. Here we are going to discuss how to become a successful vlogger.
Research your niche
As a business owner or official rep of a brand, perceive vlogging as another marketing channel. Research 5 most popular vloggers content on Youtube in your area of interest. Note what the audience wants, how the vlogger presents his/her product or service, as well as how he/she communicates with followers.
Now that you have done your research, choose the right equipment for Vlogging.
Beauty Vlogging Equipment
Finding the right equipment is a crucial step when learning how to become a beauty vlogger. Most beauty vlogs are done in "sit-down" set-ups or beauty studio set-ups. If you have your studio or practice - make sure to use the space as well.
There are four pieces of equipment that you will need to invest in at the beginning: a quality camera, a microphone, lighting, and a tripod. Consider investing in a good-quality camera that allows you to film high-resolution videos. Most cameras are equipped with a microphone, however, it is generally a great idea to have a separate mic. The Blue Snowball is a very popular mic option among beauty vloggers. It delivers crisp and clear audio, so you won’t have to worry about the audio quality in your videos. Generally, it is a great idea to film your videos in natural light. But let's face it, it is not always possible. So we would recommend checking one of the ring lights kids like Neewer 18-inch white ring light. Finally, a tripod that keeps your camera safe while filming, allows you to adjust the filming angle easily, and you can even film yourself while walking.
Now that you have your equipment - start your Youtube channel. Make sure you become acquainted with YouTube’s policies.
Tips for Beauty Vlogs:
Now that you have everything ready for your vlogging endeavor, keep in mind the following tips:
- Use natural lighting if possible.
- Speak clearly, make a script especially at the beginning, stick to your script, but make your speech natural.
- Be yourself, don't be afraid to share something personal, your preferences, your ideas, and your bits of advice.
- Pay attention to your body language. Make as many hits of your video as you can.
- Learn how to edit your videos. Don't overdo the editing part if you are not a pro.
- Check your background for a clean and minimalistic view. Your content is more important.
- If you are filming a tutorial or ad for a product, make sure you include a close-up view of the finished look and a product you are using.
- Be consistent with your vlogs. Engage with your audience. Provide interesting content.
- Collaborate with other vloggers or invite your friends to participate in your vlog.
- Make sure to spend some time promoting your channel. Promote it via social media, ask your followers to like and share your channel, and don't forget about SEO on Youtube - use keywords for the title and description of your vlog.
Good luck with your beauty vlog!